Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thing 3

I really, really like the idea of using an RSS aggregator. It seems like a quicker, better way to check websites that I read regularly--friends' blogs, the weather channel, the Star Tribune.

I did find it frustrating that I can't put an easy link to Google Reader in my Firefox toolbar--a couple of different spots in the 23 things blog said I could, but I couldn't figure out how. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point--maybe it's not something for my Firefox toolbar. I don't have the time to figure it out right now...I've already spent over an hour setting up my Google reader!

Right now, for me, Google Reader will be a time-saving device. I'm the lone staff person in a media center serving 550+ students & staff, so I don't have spare time for *anything*. (I'm doing 23 things at home, when I should be doing grad school work!) I will keep an eye out for the RSS link, though, when I'm looking at other web sites, to see if I can save myself a little more time. Now, if only I could remember my Google password by heart! :)

No comments: